Can we light Fireworks in Town?
Please see Fireworks ordinance for details.
How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
All requests for police reports must be in writing. There is a specific form that needs to be completed and signed before any copy can be released. You can obtain this form from the Police Department Office. or use the Request for Police Report in the Document Center. By Colorado law, we are allowed 3 business days to respond to the written request. Generally, reports can be available sooner than the 3 days. Many reports, however, are not immediately available:
1) If a report is still under investigation, it cannot be released unless authorized by the investigating officer,
2) If there are any circumstances where the report would need to be redacted according to Colorado Open Records Act,
3) If the report is in storage or,
4) If the report has been destroyed in accordance with the Colorado Archives Destruction Schedule
The fee for a report is $2.00 for the first 2 pages, $.50 for each additional page. We accept cash, checks and credit/debit cards.
How do I apply for a Hunting Permit
How do I report a traffic light malfunction?
If the traffic light is along any State Highway, such as 60 (Main Street) or 257, those are controlled and maintained by the Colorado Department of Transportation and they can be reached at (970) 353-1232.
Does this Police Department do Prescription Drug Drop Off
Prescription Drug Drop Off
Residents can drop off unused or expired medications, but no needles, liquids powders, sharps, mercury (such as thermometers), oxygen containers, chemotherapy/radioactive substances, pressurized canisters or illicit drugs.
Prescription or Over the Counter Drugs can be dropped off at the Police Department Monday thru Friday between 8:00am-5:00pm.
You can also drop off prescription drugs at three sites: Greeley Police Department (2875 10th Street, Greeley).
UNC University Center (2045 10th Avenue, Greeley).
Sam's Club Pharmacy (3247 23rd Avenue, Evans).
How do I get a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Inspection done?
1) If the vehicle is legal to drive (has current license plate - even if from another state, or temporary plate, completely operable, etc.), you can bring the vehicle to the Police Department, 1201 Broad Street.
a)VIN Inspections can be done at the Police Department Office anytime Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. No appointment is necessary.
b) You will need to bring with you some official paperwork with the VIN on it - can be the title, previous registration, bill of sale, insurance card, etc.
2) If the vehicle is NOT legal to drive and you live within the Town limits, our Officer's can come to you to complete the Inspection.
3) Whether you are a Town resident or not the fee. for the inspection $5.00 (cash or check only).
4) For a Certified VIN you will need to have the Colorado State Patrol conduct the VIN. You may contact the Evans office at 970-506- 4999, 3939 Riverside Parkway, B, Evans, CO 80620 or the Fort Collins office at 970-224-3027, located on Northbound I-25, to setup an Appointment
How do I report a Street Light that is out or malfunctioning?
1)You can report a Street light problem to Xcel Energy by going on-line.
2You can call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.
3)You can also call the Police Department to report a street light outage. We will need the pole number, the nearest house address and a cross street.
Are there Fishing and Boating Regulations at Ehrlich or Centennial Lakes?
1) These Lakes are "Fishing for Fun", Lakes sponsored by the Department of Wildlife and you must abide by the Departments rule and regulations.
2) Boating is not allowed at either lake.