New Resident Information
Utilities in Milliken are provided by the following companies:Electric & Gas -
Xcel Energy (800) 895-4999 provides gas & electricity for most of Milliken
Poudre Valley REA (800) 432-1012 provides electricity to Mad Russian and Mill Iron
Report a Street Light Outage
1) You can report a Street light problem to Xcel Energy by going on-line.
2) You can call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.
3) You can also call the Police Department to report a street light outage. We will need the pole number, the nearest house address, and the closest cross streets.
New water, sewer, and trash customers are required to complete a Utility Account Application. The application must be completed and submitted in person with a photo identification at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street.
If you are renting a property in Milliken, you need to complete the Utility Account Application and submit it to Town Hall, in person, along with providing a photo I.D. Your name will be added to the property owner's account and we will send a monthly bill to your residence. The account will also remain in the name of the property owner who will receive a duplicate copy of your monthly bill.
The Town of Milliken bills for water, sewer and trash services are mailed once per month. The bills are typically mailed on the 6th of each month and payments are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of each month. The Town encourages customers to use our on-line bill-paying service - XPress Bill Pay. Please use the link below to sign up.
GO GREEN - Log into XpressBillPay to view your bill or make a payment. (You can also opt to go paperless and you will receive your bill and the Town newsletter electronically!)
The Town of Milliken accepts payment in the form of:
- Checks (the Town will not accept two-party checks)
- Money orders
- Automatic ACH Payments - ACH payments can be set up at XpressBillPay online.
Payments may be made:
- Online at XpressBillPay - You can pay anytime with a credit card, check, or ACH payment by logging in online.
- In-person at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- In the utility drop box located at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street.
All payments are due by 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of each month. Any payments received after that date and time will be subject to penalties and interest.
Water and Sewer Rates
Water bills in Milliken consist of the water base charge and the water usage charge. The detailed rate structure for those charges can be found in the current Fee Schedule. The most common charges are as follows:
- Water Base Charge – In Town:
- 5/8” meter $27.15 per month
- 3/4” meter $42.67 per month
- 1” meter $58.18 per month
- 1.5” meter $73.68 per month
- 2” meter $104.72 per month
- Water Usage Charge (5/8" Residential) In Town:
- 0 – 5,000 gallons $4.13 per 1000 gallons
- 5,000 – 10,000 gallons $4.74 per 1000 gallons
- 10,000 – 15,000 gallons $5.46 per 1000 gallons
- 15,000 – 20,000 gallons $6.55 per 1000 gallons
- 20,000 – 30,000 gallons $8.10 per 1000 gallons
- 30,000 - 40,000 gallons $10.12 per 1000 gallons
- 40,000 - 50,000 gallons $12.65 per 1000 gallons
- More than 50,000 gallons $15.81 per 1000 gallons
Sewer rates in Milliken consist of the sewer base charge and the sewer usage charge. The most common charges are as follows:
- Sewer Base Charge:
- In Town - $26.71
- Out of Town - $53.42
- Sewer Usage Charge - In Town:
- 0 – 2,000 gallons $3.34 per 1,000 gallons
- 2,000 – 5,000 gallons $4.18 per 1,000 gallons
- 5,000 – 10,000 gallons $5.39 per 1,000 gallons
- Over 10,000 gallons $6.74 per 1,000 gallons
The sewer usage charge is based on the average water used during the months of January, February, and March. The rate is adjusted in the month of May for the upcoming year. The detailed rate structure for those charges can be found in the current Fee Schedule.