New Resident Information
Utilities in Milliken are provided by the following companies:Electric & Gas - Xcel Energy (800) 895-4999
Report a Street Light Outage
1)You can report a Street light problem to Xcel Energy by going on-line.
2You can call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.
3)You can also call the Police Department to report a street light outage. We will need the pole number, the nearest house address and a cross street.
New water, sewer, and trash customers are required to complete a Utility Account Application. The application must be completed and submitted in person with a photo identification at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street.
If you are renting a property in Milliken, you need to complete the Utility Account Application and submit it to Town Hall, in person, along with providing a photo I.D. Your name will be added to the property owner's account and we will send a monthly bill to your residence. The account will also remain in the name of the property owner who will receive a duplicate copy of your monthly bill.
The Town of Milliken billis for water, sewer and trash services are mailed once per month. The bills are typically mailed on the 6th of each month and payments are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of each month. The Town encourages customers to use our on-line bill-paying service - XPress Bill Pay. Please use the link below to sign up.
GO GREEN - Log into XpressBillPay to view your bill or make a payment. (You can also opt to go paperless and you will receive your bill and the Town newsletter electronically!)
The Town of Milliken accepts payment in the form of:
- Checks (the Town will not accept two-party checks)
- Money orders
- Automatic ACH Payments - ACH payments can be set up at XpressBillPay online.
Payments may be made:
- Online at XpressBillPay - You can pay anytime with a credit card, check, or ACH payment by logging in online.
- In person at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- In the utility drop box located at Town Hall, 1101 Broad Street.
All payments are due by 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of each month. Any payments received after that date and time will be subject to penalties and interest.
Even out the highs and lows of your monthly utility bill
If you are on a tight budget, fixed income or just want to know about how much your utility bill will be each month, our Budget Billing program may be for you.
Budget Billing is a free payment plan that lets you spread out your payments throughout the year. You will be paying approximately the same amount each month, based on an average of your previous 12 months usage.
How does Budget Billing Work?
Budget Billing does not reduce your overall utility expenses. It simply spreads them out over a 12-month period so that you do not have low bills in the winter and high bills in the summer. The monthly bill amount that customers are charged for Budget Billing is based on the average of the last 12 monthly bills. The monthly bill amount may vary from month to month based on customer usage. A customer may cancel Budget Billing at any time by phone or in person. After canceling Budget Billing any balance due will be billed to the account or any credit will be applied to the account.
Who can enroll?
In order to qualify for the Budget Billing Program you must:
- Have a utility account with the Town of Milliken that has been active for at least 12 months.
- Have a utility account that is in good standing with the Town.
It is easy to enroll
You can enroll in Budget Billing any month of the year. To learn your initial Budget Billing amount and to enroll, call us at 587-4331.
Water and Sewer Rates
Water bills in Milliken consist of the water base charge and the water usage charge. The detailed rate structure for those charges can be found in the current Fee Schedule. The most common charges are as follows:
- Water Base Charge – In Town:
- 5/8” meter $23.71 per month
- 3/4” meter $37.26 per month
- 1” meter $50.81 per month
- 1.5” meter $64.35 per month
- 2” meter $91.45 per month
- Water Usage Charge:
- 0 – 5,000 gallons $3.54 per 1000 gallons
- 5,000 – 10,000 gallons $4.14 per 1000 gallons
- 10,000 – 20,000 gallons $4.90 per 1000 gallons
- 20,000 – 40,000 gallons $5.93 per 1000 gallons
- 40,000 – 75,000 gallons $7.53 per 1000 gallons
- More than 75,000 gallons $7.53 per 1000 gallons
Sewer bills in Milliken are calculated as a minimum charge of $33.00 per month, based on an average monthly water usage of 3,000 gallons per month - PLUS an additional $3.00 per 1,000 gallons of water usage over that amount, which is based on the customer's average water use during the months of January, February, and March. The rate is adjusted in the month of May for the upcoming year. The detailed rate structure for those charges can be found in the current Fee Schedule.